Wed, 25 Jan|
Hazara Inquiry: Parliamentary Session
This is an in-person event at the Parliament. You must RSVP and receive a confirmation email to attend. You can invite your MP and come along with them.
Time & Location
25 Jan 2023, 15:30 – 17:00 GMT-8
London, London SW1A 0AA, UK
About the Event
Join the Hazara All Party Parliamentary Group alongside The Hazara Inquiry for the launch of the Hazara Inquiry Report where the panel will launch its recommendations. The report follows warnings from Amnesty International, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and Genocide Watch noting increasing levels of violence directed towards the Hazara community and highlighting the risk of a possible genocide. In its conclusion the report states that there is a high likelihood that there is an ongoing genocide being committed against the Hazara in Afghanistan and Pakistan and that this is likely to continue. In its report the Inquiry makes a number of recommendations to the United Nations and the International Criminal Court including recommendations to the UK Government.
• Lord Alton of Liverpool, Crossbench, House of Lords.
• Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws QC, Labour, House of Lords.
• Brendan O’Hara MP, SNP, House of Commons.
• Paul Bristow MP, Conservative, House of Commons.
• Bismellah Alizada, PhD candidate, SOAS University.
• Lynne O’Donnell, Journalist at Foreign Policy.
• Dr Ewelina Occhab, IBAHRI Lawyer and Chair of the Coalition for Genocide Response.
• Dr May Homira Rezai, Chair, Hazara Committee UK.
Please RSVP by registering here or email us on email@example.com